Toy Story 3 ended at 9 pm. By the time we got home, McKay had fallen deep asleep. Matthew and Michael were begging for bedtime. So while the older boys barely made it through prayer and dragged themselves on top of their bunks; Mason was jumping on the couch higher than a hoppy toad with wings.
Solving this issue wasn't a issue. The wind outside was blowing with Gail like force. Thus instigating CARPE DI-evening; Latin for: strong string, our cheapest kite, shoes on my little Red Bull with wings, and letting 'em go. Our cul de sac provided perfect track space for the itty bitty Gump as he was super excited to be allowed out in the middle of the road-a- "ruuuuuuning" . If it hadn't of been so windy, I would've put a parachute on him to see if it could've slowed him down.
Back inside the house, we made toast and sugar free hot chocolate. Mason and I sat and chatted for several minutes on the subject of "creation". Namely; the creation of trees (take some paper, draw a tree, plant it), the creation of the "good-est" candy EV'R!... A red cotton candy juicy drop pop!, the creation of toast.....which was when I decided to carefully pull out the video camera and press record. The following is about eight minutes of cuteness. If you choose to forgo viewing my precious moment, I understand. Yet, I would be remiss if I didn't grace my blog with Mason brilliantly counting to fifteen by way of 99 and taking a couple of detours in 40. So, for your viewing pleasure, Mason ("Hank the Tank Aaron William") at midnight:
After our chat, he asked me to read him a story. I told him to pick something out and lay down on the couch while I hurried and washed my face. I knew that the hot chocolate spiked with warm milk, buttery wheat toast, and one child dose of melatonin was bound to kick in. However, I assumed it would've taken more than the five minutes I was away for him to take to the tryptophan highway. This is what I found when I returned:
Solving this issue wasn't a issue. The wind outside was blowing with Gail like force. Thus instigating CARPE DI-evening; Latin for: strong string, our cheapest kite, shoes on my little Red Bull with wings, and letting 'em go. Our cul de sac provided perfect track space for the itty bitty Gump as he was super excited to be allowed out in the middle of the road-a- "ruuuuuuning" . If it hadn't of been so windy, I would've put a parachute on him to see if it could've slowed him down.
Back inside the house, we made toast and sugar free hot chocolate. Mason and I sat and chatted for several minutes on the subject of "creation". Namely; the creation of trees (take some paper, draw a tree, plant it), the creation of the "good-est" candy EV'R!... A red cotton candy juicy drop pop!, the creation of toast.....which was when I decided to carefully pull out the video camera and press record. The following is about eight minutes of cuteness. If you choose to forgo viewing my precious moment, I understand. Yet, I would be remiss if I didn't grace my blog with Mason brilliantly counting to fifteen by way of 99 and taking a couple of detours in 40. So, for your viewing pleasure, Mason ("Hank the Tank Aaron William") at midnight:
After our chat, he asked me to read him a story. I told him to pick something out and lay down on the couch while I hurried and washed my face. I knew that the hot chocolate spiked with warm milk, buttery wheat toast, and one child dose of melatonin was bound to kick in. However, I assumed it would've taken more than the five minutes I was away for him to take to the tryptophan highway. This is what I found when I returned:

While my evening was more lively than I may have had energy for; I will be forever grateful for this breath of fresh air with my sweet middle child. Mason and I don't get those moments very often. But he and I really lived it up. This is what my life is about.
Thank you, thank you, my sweet sugar boy!
5 comments:
HAHA!!! Great post!!!!
love it!!!
Such a sweet moment, Its so nice that you had the video camera to record it! I seem to always forget to do that!
Oh Malea, you're such a good Mom. And what a precious kiddo you got there, among the others too. How awesome!
UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT
Post a Comment