![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
So, I love every blog of every person who has a blog that I know. Everyone seems to be so timely in their comments on everyday life. I know I lead an extremely normal, everyday life. However, I do have several snapshots in my day that I have to remember to keep; hence, this project of keeping a blog that another generation before would call ridiculous, and "why don't you just get out a pen and paper?" Therefore, I know I have already shared this next experience via email to several friends, but I decided to add a little meat to this thing so I can play around a bit with it. Here's some experiences from my most recent trip with my family to Puerto Rico. I've copied and pasted an email that I wrote to Friends and Family the day we got back, it's about three weeks old now:
We just returned as of 3 am this morning from an extremely eventful week in Puerto Rico. Thanks to my psycho crazy awesome friend, Natalie, and her psycho crazy awesome living in great places to visit ways, we were totally hooked up in places to stay. For those of you who have never cared to research Puerto Rico, you are in good company. I had no idea what to expect. We landed on an island that was filled with all of the stores we were used to shop at, yet the area around it was an extreme split in modern and scruffy. Old San Juan was great. We loved walking around the town and exploring the oldest castle and battle fort from the time of Columbus. We definately stood out with four boys with all of the friendly Puerto Ricans exclaiming "Que LINDO!". North on the island is really green but very congested. Traffic rules are that there are no rules. South on the island is very dry but had the most beautiful beaches and very few people. The boys were really great for all that we did. Traveling an average of 15 hours to and from on different airplanes and airports, I couldn't have been more proud of them. But we did get several , "wow you're brave" comments. Matthew couldn't understand why people kept saying that :). All of the boys at one point had really high fevers and some sort of stomach ailment. We considered coming home early, but it was decided for us that we couldn't since flights were filled up. So we stayed two extra days, they all pulled out of it , and we were able to tour the most beautiful parts of the island. Its a pretty big island but all of the Puerto Ricans who gave us directions knew where everything was, but couldn't give street names. They all knew landmarks, like: "take a left at the McDonalds, and you will see two schools on the right...don't turn there, then you go past a fish shop and then you will see another McDonalds on the left...don't turn there..." Hope you enjoyed the pics: Take care!!! Love, the M. Scott 6
We just returned as of 3 am this morning from an extremely eventful week in Puerto Rico. Thanks to my psycho crazy awesome friend, Natalie, and her psycho crazy awesome living in great places to visit ways, we were totally hooked up in places to stay. For those of you who have never cared to research Puerto Rico, you are in good company. I had no idea what to expect. We landed on an island that was filled with all of the stores we were used to shop at, yet the area around it was an extreme split in modern and scruffy. Old San Juan was great. We loved walking around the town and exploring the oldest castle and battle fort from the time of Columbus. We definately stood out with four boys with all of the friendly Puerto Ricans exclaiming "Que LINDO!". North on the island is really green but very congested. Traffic rules are that there are no rules. South on the island is very dry but had the most beautiful beaches and very few people. The boys were really great for all that we did. Traveling an average of 15 hours to and from on different airplanes and airports, I couldn't have been more proud of them. But we did get several , "wow you're brave" comments. Matthew couldn't understand why people kept saying that :). All of the boys at one point had really high fevers and some sort of stomach ailment. We considered coming home early, but it was decided for us that we couldn't since flights were filled up. So we stayed two extra days, they all pulled out of it , and we were able to tour the most beautiful parts of the island. Its a pretty big island but all of the Puerto Ricans who gave us directions knew where everything was, but couldn't give street names. They all knew landmarks, like: "take a left at the McDonalds, and you will see two schools on the right...don't turn there, then you go past a fish shop and then you will see another McDonalds on the left...don't turn there..." Hope you enjoyed the pics: Take care!!! Love, the M. Scott 6

3 comments:
Cute! How fun!
What cute boys!!! But then again
they are Scotts!!- Marianne
I am sooooo jealous! How fun! I miss you guys. I am glad to see your blog and you have a great sense of humor.
What is your email?
kwfox123@gmail.com
Take care! Kristol
Post a Comment