![]() |
| From JR |
This past weekend had all of the normal excitement of late nights, friends, fidy thou. (or so) neighbor boys beelining in and out of the house, plus family visits and birthday party. We also set up a new bunk set for two of the boys and I did my bi-annual little boy clothing rotation ritual (which always takes me forever since my one remaining viable OCD kicks in and forces me to make sure every clothing item is in it's proper bin according to size and season; why me?)
So, needless to say, the candy and cake at the party today was the kids only meal that I had anything to do with (which meant cutting and putting on the paper plate). When dinner time came and past and the hungry little critters came crawling my way, my eldest provided the solution by volunteering to make some Ramen Noodles for everyone.
Later, after he had made the noodles, served, and cleaned up...you heard me; this sweet kid came up to me and said, "mom, thanks for all you do to let us live". Yes, I knew exactly what he meant so those who know me best would expect me to come up with some dry, humorous comment about how he should be grateful because I'm a ticking bomb who could go postal any second...or whatever. But I didn't. The mere sincere delivery from this creamy skinned boy with those timeless blue eyes completely reigned me in. Now you tell me, with a kid like this, who should be the grateful one?

3 comments:
Seriously when can I expect to see your name on a publication. You are a great writer!
Great story!!! I love the message!!! I'm glad you got on my blog so I can add yours... don't want me to add it? Call 911, I'm sure they will help you!!! hehehehe
I have to give you props for going to a midnight movie.... I can barely manage staying up past 9! And don't let the little tweens show you up...if you want the good seats, show 'em who's boss! (Oh, and dear, dear Tracy hasn't updated her blog since August - she says she's blogged enough - I know, she's dead to me too :)
Post a Comment