Saturday, December 20, 2008

So here's the thing....

This kid loves his church history. While many kids dig songs with crazy distortion and hot riffs, Jr's interest are songs that he can relate to in primary, and with early church history. We went to Nauvoo during the summer, and ever since then, he has been facinated by all things Joseph Smith. While I'm you-tubing all of these songs by Gun's n roses, Creedence, and Black Sabbath; he's finding ways to add slides and pitch bends to songs by W.W. Phelps. So let's all raise our Goblet of Rock to Matthew Scott, you make me proud to be 'jo mamma. Here's a snipet of tonights recital. I was only able to get the tail end because my camera is broken. Totally bummed. He was so smooth and on tempo the entire time.

5 comments:

Amy said...

You should be proud! That takes a lot of guts to perform like that. He's doing great on the guitar.

Shannon & Lindsay said...

He is seriously such a talented kid!

We'll see you on Christmas Eve. We'll be there with bells on!

Unknown said...

I love it. My boy's favorite song is Praise to the Man. Now he will be begging me to learn the guitar. Very cool.

Courtney said...

Malea- sorry I'm so slow on the uptake- it took me far too long to get over to your blog. So glad for the connection- and the updates on your goings-on. I would love to hear more details about getting started on guitar. My Davis wants to give it a go- but we thought we should wait until he is a little older. When did you start your guy?

The Webb Family said...

Your son is so talented. My kids love watching the video.
Thank you for your comments on our blog. I love feeling closer to you guys! Love ya and take care!
Kristol