Monday, June 8, 2009

The Do's and Don'ts of taking your 34 year old husband to Disney for the first time!

From 2009-06-08 disney09


DO pipe up when your friend advertises that she has one day left on a two adult three kid park hopper pass

DO call your husband's work to see if he can get the weekend off (even if your husband says he'll do it tomorrow)....then....

...Don't DO THAT again.

DO go to bed when your husband gets home at one a.m., then get up at 3:30 a.m. to catch the earliest flight....so you can empathize with him when you get tired. However, if he is cranky....then,

DO remind him that you are only on 2 1/2 hours of sleep as well, so suck it up, mister.

DO find a hotel that offers a free shuttle from the airport and to Disney, so you
DON'T spend $200 (seriously!) on transportation for a family of six. ..(oh, and Do use your reward points to score a free room as well)

DON'T worry about getting the classic family Disney money shot to show off on in the scrapbook (or blog).
From 2009-06-08 disney09


DO not let your kids sucker you into a churro/pineapple ice cream/popcorn/glowy stick/balloon home foreclosure. Stay strong, pack your own food, and starve them enough so, when you break out the homemade meals, they'll be kissing your feet for remembering the tuna and sliced fruit.

DON'T forget who your original Disney BFF was,
From 2009-06-08 disney09

and DO remember that this big (little) guy still likes to hold your hand in the line, be boosted up during the fireworks show, and even 'tho he makes the height requirement for all of the "big" rides, "It's a Small World" is still his favorite.

8 comments:

Christy Jones said...

Looks like you had fun! The weather has been great for Disneyland!

Hopie said...

YEA!!!

Bridget said...

Cute. I'm glad you had a great time.

Amy said...

Cute, cute post! It looks like you had so much fun! You are so spontaneous. I love it.

Christina said...

Thanks for the tips! We are such suckers for the treats there! I am the one begging for an icecream cone.

We are going in a couple of weeks, we need a hook up like you (especially because I have to try every treat there!).

Shannon said...

Wow, looks like fun. $200 on transportation is just crazy! And yes, they charge an arm and a leg for a treat at the park...insane I say!

Erin said...

Great post! I'll follow that list explicitly next time I'm there!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

aaaaahhhh so cute... I love that he still likes to hold your hand in line. LOL on little sleep and sucking it up, we had that little spiff also!

Looks like a good time!