My three year old often displays aimless "Sign's of a Genius" (as I lovingly like to call them) from time to time. A gal in the gym daycare who also teaches gifted children for her day job told me to be on the lookout for him being in the "gifted and talented" club. I'm sure you could presume that I would latch onto this concept very quickly as my own personal experience with him had me fearing the "resource for the autistic" club. If you could imagine my shame for not realizing that his displays of constant arguing to logic, sensitivities to perfectionism, random impatience, directness, and competitiveness were all clear signs of a gifted child, you'd be embarrased for me too.
This is one very small, but cute example of my daily
uphill battle displays of charming imagination from said three year old.
Mason: "I'm keeping my money safe. Give me a sippy"
Me: "K, what do you want to drink?"
Mason: "Not thirsty, just want a sippy cup".
So, naturally, I first grabbed the camera, then the cup. Here's what I got:
Now why didn't I think of that?
6 comments:
Oh my gosh that is so funny! What a resourceful little kid! How cute is he? Love it!
That is hilarious. So young and already understands the value of hiding money in a great spot.
But doesn't he know that the fridge is the first place we go?
He is one smart kid!!!!
He IS absolutely brilliant! Now I need to go buy me a sippy! :)
Genius! What a fun post. :)
I knew I loved that kid for a reason! I really do want to come kidnap him so he and Ellie can play sometime.
Post a Comment