So I've been teaching English for the past month, with a new session starting next Monday. The kids and I are all sick from the stomach flu and I've been on survival mode with my husband as we pass each other in the kitchen as I get home and he goes to work. (Insert *wa wa waaa* sound effect)
So, I am going to take a moment and go into my happy place as I paste way too many photo's from the events that I have not blogged about, but are certainly memory worthy, starting with St. Patrick's Day. Sharee and I got together for a little gathering, made a feast with everything green, 'cept for the corn beef and cabbage pizza which turned out to be delighful. We had a little scavenger hunt for the kids which included making a shamrock while blindfolded, and did some spastic River Dancing.
| From Catchup |
| From Catchup |
| From Catchup |
I love this overexposed, horrible photo of my sister and me in the midst of a River Dance spaz.
| From Catchup |
Easter was rainy and fun with my goofy fam.
Dad:
| From Catchup |
Sister and Son:
| From Catchup |
The boys got "missionary dress up" clothes for Easter. I tried, oh so hard for the grand shot of the boys all gussied-up. 20 shots later, and my husband nearly in tears, I gave up.
| From Catchup |
The boys REALLY got into Mother's Day this year. It took me two days to clean up the kitchen. I was ordered to stay put for the entire day while they got themselves ready for church and made all of the meals:
| From Catchup |
I will always and forever totally dig my cake that they made:
| From Catchup |
Finally Summer is HERE! This is our favorite activity; Have Pond, will Kayak:
| From Catchup |
Gatherings, Gatherings, and more Gatherings. I mentioned before that we have an Anniversary, Father's Day, and three birthdays that fall in the same week and month. Here's just of the many cakes to be lit:
| From Catchup |
My brother in law and his girls. I asked for a normal "after photo" that I could post to my blog, oh vey, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
| From Catchup |
| From Catchup |
The Fourth started out with my annual Festive Waffles. Matt suggested that I make them with Strawberries and Blueberries instead of food coloring. I declined as that would be way too healthy and not as aesthetically pleasing.
| From Catchup |
Lighting fireworks at my parents. Come to think of it, I think that there is a running theme that goes with the poses the members of my family strike:
| From Catchup |
We always love it when we can watch the St. George "Works" from the top of the SkyWest roof:
| From Catchup |
And Finally, the group shot of July's Japanese group. I had a blast teaching these college students the finer points of technical English, they are an amazing group of people:
| From Catchup |
Thanks for visiting my happy place with me. As I write this, my four year old is wincing in pain, and my three year old has broken out into the sweats. It's all good 'tho. This too shall pass...at least my perspective is back;)
7 comments:
love the positive outlook...feel better... I am going to bring vsome homemade fresh salsa over... take care!
I am glad you caught us up! River dancing... of course! You are inspiring! I am going to start researching teaching jobs right now!
Neat that you teach English! seems once the kids get sick its never ending! I hope you get some time with your hubby!
Your picture of your students is like "where's Waldo?" Where's the white chick? hehehehe!!!
I hope you feel better soon! I love your corned beef and cabbage pizza idea.
Ha ha Hopie about the Waldo comment. It took me a little bit to realize Malea was in the photo.
Oh the cat's in the cradle...a favorite of mine. You get what you get and don't throw a fit is also a household favorite. :)
Love the catch up! Especially fun to read about St. Patty's Day in July. Wondering if I should start mixing up all of my holiday posts...just to make it interesting. Like Malea's blog. :)
Post a Comment