
It's been a few, and I've got so much catching up to do. So, please, stay tuned, won't you? sorry eh, i'm kinda a nerd that way, i couldn't stop the rhyme with just 'few' and 'do'.
This is my first "Dear Inanimate Object" blog letter. It's not my preferred method of writing; but I just felt the need to put into the universe, how grateful I am for children who have the world at their fingertips. So here goes.
Dear SkyWest,
Thank you so much for being the catalyst by which my family can explore the earth. Especially my children. There are so many ways by which you have provided comfort in their minds and assist in making their dreams so elastic. Most recently they have been obsessed with the "Loch Ness Monster", or "Nessie" as I most often hear. The debate in whether or not she is real has been the pressing issue during the dinner repartee. Yet, when the emotions behind legend and science became too substantial; making a conclusion impossible. It was suggested by one of my young, that "we can just go on over to Scotland, and see for ourselves, can't we, mom?" To which I replied, "yes, of course". Which is the same answer I give every time my children watch a Disney movie that has an animal that both fascinates and confuses them. Therefore, they look up the location of the animals habitat, and propose that we fly there and study it.
Just yesterday, I comforted an emotional nine year old who was upset that it had been 111 days (from his calendar markings) since we spent the whole day exploring different places together. It was not a spoiled fit by an overindulged child who "had to fly on the airplane". It was a plea from a boy who has found comfort in loving his time with his family and knowing that we can take every memory we make when we travel with us to our eternal creation.
Therefore, in order to comfort my son, Matt suggested to the children that they go online and search for places that they would like to visit,email him with their choices. He would then look it over, and pick a destination to go around Christmas time. So, without any help or influence from me, here is the list that they came up with (copied exactly how Matthew typed and emailed it):
"Bora Bora,Barbados,Tortola,Jamaica,Wake island,Puerto Rico,Florida,Hawaii,Paris,
New York,Africa and Bolivea.
Matthew,Michael,Mason and mckay says some of these places are pretty."
Notice how Disneyland ('tho wonderful in it's own wonderful way) didn't make the list.
Warmly,
A wife, mom, and adventurer at heart.
(We may live in a small house, but we have access to a big world)
10 comments:
Amazing. But why am I amazed at all? After all, I did meet you in Russia. And again in China. I am glad you have shared the love of travel with your kids.
I love how you have passion for things and try and do them. Thank you for your prayer yesterday at church. Thank you for being who you are and a great person. Good luck and you will have to let us know where you decide to go.
You trained your children well! Love,love,love the destination ideas!! let us know which one you decide on.
Randy saw Nessie!!!! He said she's real, but I think he's talking about the plaster one they have for the tourists to take pictures of!!!!
Ah, no Scotland on the list? I loved the variety here. I'm not sure my children have heard of most of those places.
Pack those bags baby! And don't forget to send a postcard!
p.s. I just have to tell you how much I thoroughly enjoy your comments on my blog. Kenny and I got quite a kick out of the song you wrote to the tune of "this land is your land". Some of your best work for sure. :)
I think that is so awesome! How fun for your kids to have such good memories of so many different places! I think its great you guys have opened up their minds to different cultures.
I vote for Loch Ness. What it isn't on the list?!! I saw the Loch Ness Monster while I was there and have a picture of it on my camera.
- Marianne
They left Scotland off of the list because in their minds, it was a sure thing. The list that was compiled was a list of possible places
Post a Comment