Monday, December 7, 2009

Milk a holiday much? Don't mind if I do, thanks!

Computer is fixed. Found a point and shoot camera that I won't miss if it goes the way of the electronic ghost (like every other device that wears out it's welcome, according to my children). Life is good. Now I can finish Halloween.

MATTHEW:

Son, I have countless photo's of you in your various Lion, Transformer, Spidey, Ninja, Dinosaur, (etc.) costumes throughout the years. But for whatever reason, I failed at capturing you by yourself in the costume that you were the most proud of. The one you saved and worked for as I was NOT going to spend $50 on one single costume without a little labor from you.

But kiddo you wore it well and with pride. You managed to defeat several alliance star fighters within the Halloween Galactic Empire by fighting them off faster than a Correllian Overdrive (Star Wars nerd speak for fighting hard and really fast). Shmi Skywalker herself couldn't be as proud of her child of the dark side, as I was of mine.


From Halloween 09



So, finally, it's my turn.

Since Mckay was Scooby Doo in the evening. I was.....

Velma....


From Halloween 09


A very modest version of Velma. Do you know how immodest it is to try and dress like one of those meddling kids?
From Halloween 09


Or how challenging it is to wrangle four little costumed and candied up kids (all by oneself) throughout the county in order to fulfill all of our commitments by the end of All Hallows Eve? Very very difficult. But We sure had fun. I always have a great time on Halloween.
From Halloween 09
Now, finally, on to...Thanksgiving:)

6 comments:

Christy Jones said...

love it!! I really like your costume, so original. You can't beat Darth Vader for Halloween!

Hopie said...

LOOOVVVVEEEE your costume!!!! The best!!!

Shannon said...

Glad the computer is fixed! It's no fun when it's broke...grr. Your costume is awesome - so clever!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

OH MY GOSH I loved your outfil! So cute!!!

Erin said...

Your costume is the BOMB! And so are you.

Amy said...

You are a terrific Velma! Loved the Halloween posts. And, your child of the darkside looks awesome. My kids are turning into Star Wars nerds too. Is it still nerdy, or is it trendy now?