We are still working on adopting. We totally take the matter seriously, and we know it's important to not take the decision lightly. If we go through the state, then our time at LDS social services is done. They don't allow both. So we are taking our time, making sure everything is in order and praying to be available in all aspects so when the right opportunity presents itself, we'll know.
That doesn't mean that I'm perfectly patient.
Matt was taking his own sweet time filling out his portion of the questionnaire on the LDS adoption application. So I "helped" him out a little bit. Keep in mind that no one but our adoption counselor could view the profile at this point, so it was a silly little joke between me, Matt, and Danielle, our counselor at LDS. Here is only one of many little assists:
List significant activities, group involvements, or accomplishments during your years of education:
"I used to head up a grass roots project under the umbrella of community service from the youth to the elderly. I had a specific agenda to bring in the art of ballroom dancing in order to soften the gap between the sports clubs and the drama clubs. I loved meetings. It didn't matter whether or not I was actually a member of a club, I would go to every meeting I could. Sometimes I would just announce that there was a meeting even if there wasn't. I just really needed to feel like I was in charge and the center of attention."
It's a lovely thing to be able to know one's spouse so well in order to josh them with the very verbiage that they are so fundamentally against. Wouldn't you agree?
2 comments:
We actually have Jett because my sister was working with LDS social services at the same time. Now we both have adopted boys 18 days apart.
HAHAHA!!!!! That's funny. On a serious note, keep it up. You are an amazing mom and I can't wait to see a new little one added to family someday!!!!! I love you, girl!!!
Post a Comment