Thursday, January 21, 2010

Holiday Traditions and Stuff That We Do P.1

Our family is still young. But it has recently come to my attention that the stuff we did this year, 'cause it was fun to do last year and the year before, is now our tradition. Makes me feel all growed up.

I got this idea from my cousin who is a fellow mom to four boys. I thought it was a great way to space out the time between the excitement of Halloween to Christmas Day. The kids enjoy planning which pieces of candy they get every day as a Christmas Eve countdown. They hated waiting to eat only one piece of all their hard earned candy each day as a Christmas Eve countdown.
From Holiday 2009

4 comments:

The Cundick Family said...

Love it, can I steal your idea? I have 3 boys that would love to do this next year!!

Shannon said...

Great idea! That's so cool. Man, those suckers wouldn't last in my house...lol.

Christina said...

Do you use the Halloween candy?

That candy is way better than the tiny chocolate that my kids get each day.

Alyssa said...

Hey Malea,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you! I don't think I was contacted by anyone. I live kinda far (american fork) and i just sent a mass email to all the boards in one of my "I need to do something adoption related or I will explode" anxiety attacks. :) I would love to help if there is no birth mothers already down there wanting/willing to help out. I don't want to get in the way of their healing and space. Obviously, I wouldnt be able to come often, but I could come every once in a while. Thank you so much for being willing to let me help! It means alot to me.

--Alyssa :)
ps, your family is ADORABLE!!