My apologies to those out there if the following is soooo three blogs ago: I already posted this, but it was really vague and I thought I'd get over myself and come out with it since I will be having some surgery the next few months. I have ankylosing sponylitis; a chronic arthritic and autoimmune disease that means my immune system is attacking my spine, tarsal tunnel syndrome; which is like carpal tunnel only in the foot. My foot always hurts, is numb, is tingling, etc. Then there's dequervains tenosynovitis; which is the one I'm the most proud of, my badge of courage if you will. It's nickname is "mother's wrist", and is a form of tendinitis that makes my thumb sort of stick and my wrist balloons and my wrist has this rubber band sound. These conditions lead to recurring migraines, lupus, etc..etc...etc. It's been really really...really hard. Depression has definitely been a huge factor that I'm working through. I'm going to deal with this, tho. And one of the ways I'm going to survive and live in the moment is to make my home a haven a beautiful, comfortable haven for myself and my babies. I want Matt to come home from the stresses of his day and not continue to worry for me, bills, and our hyper kids. I usually don't craft. But now I do. Just like that. I've fallen off the organizational wagon. But now I'm back on. It's exciting. It's fun. And I'm pretty happy with what I've already completed. So after a visit to the local D.I., some paint, hot glue, and plenty of of calls to my brilliant decor bff, Erika Brendle ( really, visit her deco blog. it's amazing)
, this is what I have so far:
It seems my cool picassa tagging isn't going to show, so the following are a media board, bread box, and wreath. The media board a magnet, white board, and cork board all in one. I did metal sheeting on top (covering it with strong plastic) and cork on the bottom covering it all with fabric I actually had in my posession).
The next is a Halloween wreath I re-did out of an ugly country style (homely) milk maid. I saved the poor gal from fashion faux pas and actually resurrected her by turning her into a ghost.


...These projects are super simple, but simple is what won't get me too excited so I won't do anything rash, like tiling a backsplash, or refinishing my kitchen table, or even worse....use my sewing machine *cue slasher movie "ree.ree.ree" sound....
Also, my dearies, my biggest fear is to be perceived as sickly. Sometimes, many times, I do feel crap happy. But I'm still very much alive and keep active and athletic. I only wanted to detail everything again so when I post about this stuff in the future, there will be little question as to what is going on.
6 comments:
Love the Halloween crafty stuff! My kids love it when I get all crafty and decorate! The physical stuff just plain sucks rocks! You are in my thoughts as I am sure this is so hard on you right now!!
Rock on Crafty Malea!!!! They are cute... I am here, if you need anyone to vent to... You are my rock star!!!
You're amazing, Malea! Love the crafts too!
Good luck with the surgery. Sorry to hear about the medical problems. I loved the crafts!
Wow. From no crafts to this? I wouldn't dare call these simple. Awesome job!
Oh, and I am sad about all of your ailments. They sound so painful. And you sound so positive. I was so freaking wimpy with just a flu shot.
Post a Comment