Friday, November 28, 2008

Bloggin' Buddies

I saw this on a fellow blogger friend's post, and I felt like copying it. I guess it's my way of expressing gratitude for some neat people I have met in life, and I am glad that we have a way to catch up. So I am going to let you know who my blog listing friends are in order and a little something about them.

Tomisha: My surrogate daughter and sister. My sweet neighbor who is my sons' favorite babysitter. Talented, happy, and good. Not the kind of good just on paper, but good, inside and out.

Christina(Get your own mom): I met her in Moscow when I taught English there. We also met up in China. She is the epitome of positive. Has a fantastic obsession with food. You'd never know when you first meet her, but she is a bit of an adrenaline junkie. Very easy to like.

The Meanest Mom: The only blog whom I don't personally know. But this lady has some great stories. She has so much trial in her life, but can make those trials funny, inspiring and hit close to home. This is my favorite post so far: http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com/2008/09/boxed-wine.html

Hope(Hopie Clyde):Jetette dancing buddy from H.S. Super hard worker and was everyone's friend. I re-met up with her last year at a friends house, and I was so glad that she has an awesome sense of humor.

Annie (Wishin): Tall drink o' water team teacher in Moscow. We team taught a class of older kids. We were a great pair because of her organization skills. So good with preparing lessons that the kids loved. Easy to work with, honest, and loved adventure as well.

Emily(Where the wild things are): My old childhood friend, wall walking, tree climbing buddy. She has this Pocahontas like spirit about her, gorgeous, adventurous, and funny. Down to earth, good good heart. Fellow mom to all boys. Of course she's good people.

Amy(Close to home adventures): Moscow teacher buddy. The only girl on the planet with a known addiction to chocolate, but would take a week to eat one packet of M&M's. So many of my most favorite memories of Russia include her.

Erika(BrendleBunchBlog): Childhood friend, and Emily's better half at the time. They easily included me on third wheel adventures. I'm a music lover, and Erika always has some great tunes to recommend. A true shizolistic buddy.

Mary Jo(Ben&MaryJo): My sister in law, and partner in surviving all of the "Scottisms". She is the easy bake oven to my pot stirring ways. Totally love 'er.

Shannon(CobbFamily): Cousin on my mom's side. I've always liked Shannon. She, in my opinion, has taken on "the big sista" role in her family. Responsible, smart, and witty in it's truest, dryest form.

Steph(BoysRus): Matt's cousin, momma to four boys, and a little too pretty for me to not be jealous, but way too kind hearted for me to even feel jealous. Multi-tasking master, and awesome "hero-support" to her husband in school.

Marie(Service Junkie):a true friend of a true friend. Mom to all boys, (that's how I like em), recycling, crafting, raw food eating, superhuman.

Courtney(Our Charmed Life): Christina's better half always and forever. I have no idea how they worked it when they each married their respective husbands. In Russia, there was never a Courtney w/o a Christina, and in China, there was never a Christina w/o a Courtney. Anyway Courtney is happy, and sincere. She has a knack for noticing the little things that are great about one's personality and mentioning it to that person, thus making their day. She did that all of the time.

Tiff(The Jeppson 6): Yet another buddy made in Russia. She's like comfort food. Raised in a small area, home grown easy going, but the girl has a passion for adventure. I was amazed, being from small town So. Utah, that there were people out there, just like me, from a small town, who had an eye to see the world.

Kristol(The Webb Family): Matt's cousin's wife. And if I remember correctly, her father in law has told his son many a time, that if they ever split up, that he was out, and Kristol would still be in. If you met her, you'd know why. (oh, and Kristol, I think you're husband is totally hot;):)

Ash(AshleyWebb): Kristols daughter. I really only remember her as a child. But is all grown up and has her momma's gorgeous skin and features. Talented in music and hard worker.

Sharee: my Twisted sister, partner in crime, love of my life. If you hire her to do your photo's, you will not be sorry.

Tracy: My cousin and Shannon's sister. About Five foot, and a couple of somethins', maybe 100 lbs since it's after Thanksgiving. But is a butt kicking crime fighter. O.k. not so much butt kicking, she does work for DCFS and does some crime task force stuff. The closest I will ever be to a Sydney/Alias relative:)

7 comments:

Christina said...

This was so fun to read! Just like you remember, Courtney is still a great friend. The description of Amy made me laugh. I can't believe that I forgot about how she knows how to make a pack of m&ms last a week.

Erin said...

Hi Malea! So fun to hear from you! Sounds like you guys are doing great. Four boys!!! I'd say you are as busy as Koni! I'm quite comfortable with two and staying here for awhile. :) So fun to be able to keep in touch. Don't you love facebook and blogging!?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on me!! I am going to copy you and then you can read my comments.
You are a great woman!!

Anonymous said...

I just read the meanest mom one, that was stinkin hilarious!! I was laughing so hard. I definitely have to post that one. You really are amazing!

Hopie said...

Sadly, the buffalo isn't ours, it's my uncle's and I don't think they will be making any jerky. They eat it all like beef... roast, steaks, ect...bummer!!!

Hopie said...

Thanks Malea. I really needed that. Sometimes I doubt myself and I know that's not what Heavenly Father would want. It is nice to know I'm not all bad!!!;) Thanks again!!!!

Amy said...

Thank you for the compliment! You are so cute. Ahhh . . . the days when I could savor a bag of M&M's. I think having kids sped up my eating because now I gobble them by the handful and the only size bag that may last a week would be bought at Costco :-).