| From 2008-10-20 dudes |
From left to right are Mike, Matt (my dude), and Broc. A couple of weeks ago we had them all over for dinner. It was the first time these three friends had been together at the same time in eleven years. I have to admit, that even 'tho one of them is my husband, and they're all older than me, I felt like a proud mama seeing them all grown up with kids and stuff.
I first met Broc when I got an application to work at Orange Julius. He and Matt were put in charge of the hiring in this case. I happened to be the lucky one chosen based on the fact that since I was on a drill team, that I'd be hot, and if I wasn't, at least I'd have friends that were. And so it began. They constantly played jokes on me, I'd watch them make bets at how long it would take for the next girl to approach them, and they'd always have a hilarious story about some crazy person they befriended in "Little Jamaica".
I had sort of known Mike through all of this as well, as he worked at pretty much every joint in the food court. I got to know him better when he added OJ to his beat. Mike was a little more humble than Matt and Broc, and was always sort of up for anything anytime. He had sort of the surfer thing going on, and I always half expected to find him living under a palm tree and sleeping on a hammock.
In the midst of this, Matt and I became "friends with benefits" and so Broc and Mike, reluctantly (at least at first) added me as a fourth wheel.
So, to make a long story short, I really relied on each one of these guys as I had a traumatic Senior year and summer following as both my brothers passed away a few months from each other during that time. Of course Matt was my rock, but both Mike and Broc showed me so much understanding during that hard time. I sorta adopted them as my brothers' from other mothers'.
They all married well. I've since found a kindred spirit in Mikes wife. I absolutely love that girl. And, although I've known Broc's wife for a while, I am still getting to know her. But since they moved back to the area, I am so excited to do so since she has me laughing whenever I see her.
And yes, they're now responsible adults. Matt Supervises at: http://www.skywest.com/ , Mike Manages at: http://www.daltile.com/ , and Broc heals at: http://intermountainhealthcare.org/providers/profile.html?id=36150&brand=img .
Although I'm sure if any of them went missing, you could be sure they would be found looking for that palm tree and hammock.
1 comment:
I totally remember "Little Jamaica" - oh memories of yesteryear! I don't ever remember you working at Orange Julius but I don't doubt that you had the ability to make a fantastic Pepperoni and cheese hot dog :) We former radio shack employees merely had "answers" for those who had "questions"
Post a Comment