Sunday, December 28, 2008

a little white sin...




A long time ago, in a land far far away, I was was riding a metro with my fellow ILP teachers. I believe it was on teesha divitnotcit pyotiva goda (sp?) that I was introduced to Ferrero Raffaello; flaky white snowballs of bliss. It was crowded, of course, with a whirlwind of Russian commuters spiraling up, down and around, when one of you, I can't remember who, bought me one of these candies, and literally stopped time and space for me. Not terribly big in size; these insights into heaven have crunchy coconut covering a wafer sphere that holds a cream filling with a surprise almond inside. ummmmm.

I'm sure my kids had something to say about what they thought, felt, or experienced today. I'm sure my husband looked at me in a way that should have sent my heart fluttering. It may have happened. Who knows/cares?

Oops gotta go, I see a stray creamy piece of coconut on my fingers.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Oh. My. Goodness. So, I was at my friend's house on Friday. She is from Russia. She gave me one and then probably from the way I was drooling, she gave me another. She put a couple in the Christmas present she gave me. I pulled them out today. I think one of them was for my husband, but I couldn't resist and took a bite out of his. I just find it so crazy that I was so distracted by them today and then you post about them!

Hopie said...

mmmm, sounds like something I should try!!! Thanks for another 30 pounds!!!

Unknown said...

Ummm where was I? I don't remember those little treats. I am missing out.

Hopie said...

You can use Ricky all you want... I encourage name calling at any cost!!!

Courtney said...

I think I must have been hanging out with Annie- but you and Christina make me want to go find some. You should work in advertising. p.s. I hope I am not dead to you still- in my defense, knowing where you are is a new thing thanks to the blogging world.

Amy said...

Why do I not remember these little chunks of heaven? I'm going to have to try some. And, just so you know, I'm planning to dress the impending bundle in nothing but pink and bows for as long as she will let me. I was one of those anti-too-much-pink (the shame!) moms when my first baby was born, and, now, after two boys, I have come to appreciate the novelty of little girls. Ahem, not that boys aren't the best too.

Mariel said...

Stumbled on your blog...somehow! But, I'm right there with ya! Four kids is a zoo, I'm glad you're house looks like mine!