The point of my story is, I invited a few of my family members with cousins close to Mason's age by phone, not personal crafted invitations. My computer printer was not working, so we didn't even do a theme. Decorations were put up by my neighbors' kids in a random, incongruous manner(they were wonderful). I did not make the cake, rather, purchased it at Costco. And I arrived home about 15 minutes before the party even started. I didn't pre-put together the party favors, it was done as the guests were ready to leave; and the favor bags were leftover from a one year old birthday party. And, to top it all off, I didn't even crack open the video cam and, my camera is broken.
The moral of the story, is, it was done. Mason was happy as a lark. I didn't even have to don my super mom uniform for the party to go on. Well, just for kicks, I decided to put it on while I wrote this post. But really girls, we're in this together, no need for jealous reactions.
4 comments:
What a good mom you are...post migraine. The nice thing about parties for young-uns is that they don't really pay attention to the details. Phew. Beckham's second birthday left much to be desired...but, oh well, he'll never remember it.
Malea. You are amazing. It is good to know that you do things normal every once is a while. Costco cakes are awesome.
It is true kids will love anything you do for them.
We've done some like this...I actually try to get out of planning these types of parties. The last one a friend planned and I just had to execute it.
Post a Comment