For those of you who are still with me, thanks. I just had a feeling that I should go private, so I went with it.
I believe that this is actually the first time it has entered into my mind that Matt may intentionally request to work each and every Valentines Day. Mind you, that I love my "hopeless romantic", emphasis on the "hopeless". Matt shows his love for me in a variety of humble ways. He is, however, anything but gooey and harbors a deep resentment for the evil bourgeoisie that controls the Valentines empire and exploits the humble unsophisticated proletariates of affection. But I digress.
Since Matt works every V-Day in the evening, it is a little tradition that I make a tasty dinner of some sort and take it to his work at SkyWest. The menu consisted of bacon wrapped angus burgers, tequila lime shrimp, brown rice risotto, and cocoa sugar cookies with cranberry icing. The description probably tasted better than the actual meal since, while the meal was being prepared; I had to change the menu last minute since the steak I initially started to prepare was bad, I incorporated the help of my boys, bathed them, then chased and retrieved their naked bodies from going too far down the block.
The boys made a little poster saying, "Why we love our Matt Daddy". Matthew wrote his own cute reasons like, spending time, playing games, best dad in the whole world. Michael told me, "because he loves me back". When I asked Mason why he loved daddy, this is what I got.
Mason: "because"
Me: "Because why?"
Mason: "UHHH, just BECAUSE!" (frustrated grunt)
It seems Matt has a protege in the making.
6 comments:
You are a good wife! I am impressed. And such cute boys.
My husband isn't a fan of V-day either. Sometimes it feels like pulling teeth just to get him try and be a little romantic. But like your hub Ryan shows his love in other ways. :) That's so fun that you took him some dinner, and man what you cooked sounded good! What a cool Wife you are! I love the pictures!
That menu does sounds delicious. And with 4 boys? It just sounds amazing.
Ben was home on V-day, but it must run in the Scott family. He definetly doesn't "do" mushy holidays.
I had won roses on the radio so he picked those up for me. At Bonco I won dinner and movie certificates but he wouldn't even find a sitter so we didn't even do that.
You are quite the chef! I'm pretty impressed. Cute cute boys!
Very cute. My hubby works a lot of Valentine's Days too, but, I love the candlelight dinner with the whole fam when we can do it. I loved your "why we love daddy" poster, so, of course, I will have to copy you next year :-).
Post a Comment