* Pardon my dust while I play around with the blog template*
What started out as a three day little excursion to Hawaii ended up being a full on week filled family trip. We went to Kauai for four days then headed to San Diego for another day and a half. We've been wanting to go somewhere for a couple of months now and we always start out with big plans like Sidney or somewhere in Europe. But with work, school, church callings, music lessons, scouts, and every other thing that adds up, we tend to boil it down to a long weekend. However, once we were there, it seemed crazy to go home so soon, so we arranged to stay a bit longer.
Our little adventure started out last Sunday night when Matt called me up telling me that flights to L.A. had suddenly filled up so would I please pack a snack and pick him up from work at 1:00 A.M. so we could drive to Los Angeles. I'm not going to sugar coat this one. It sucked. I haven't driven to California in almost ten years. Everything from the view to the bathrooms - STINK!
Fortuantely, we had Kauai to look forward to. This is the last of the main islands in Hawaii that we have not ventured to so I was extrememly excited. We spent the majority of our time playing at the beach:
We toured the local beauty and went "treasure hunting" with Geocaching:
I was able to go for morning jogs and do my yoga
The kids were able to feed the roosters and chickens as they were EVERYWHERE!
I love this state!
Have more to show and tell about San Diego, but I must now go unpack before we take our next trip...
10 comments:
are you going to take me on your next trip... I will have to come over and hear all about it... Good luck unpacking!
Hey way to make us all jealous! Matt needs to get Ben a job with him so we can travel together. I would love to be one of your kids, could you adopt me for your next adventure? You always wanted a girl right?
What priceless memories and photos! I love the one of you with the boys doing the "hang loose." I'm so glad you got to go away like that. Family vacations are the best.
So jealous, I would love to see Hawaii!! So you came to L.A and didn't look me up? I'm Hurt,j/k. It looks like you had lots of fun!!!
Love your pics Malea! What a great trip. I'm so impressed that you pull trips like that off with four boys (two of them under three!). I'm also so impressed with your yoga picture!!!
p.s. Love that I feel like I know your two oldest boys now. We loved catching up with you! :)
A weekend in Hawaii? Awesome.
So, that yoga pose? I am so glad you have it. Your kids are going to pull it out it 40 years and be so amazed by their mom. Oh, but wait. Knowing you, you will still be doing that in 40 years.
I am so jealous! I loved Maui but always wanted to go to Kauai!!
LUCKY!!! What I wouldn't give to go to Kauai. Looks like you guys had so much fun!
Whoa! Watch your language! The reason you're not on my friends and family list is because I haven't been able to find your blog lately. Lame excuse, I know. But it's the truth.
PS: I think you and your fam are the only people I'd share a bunker with.
Hawaii!?! How funny. We were just there too. Of course, no post from me yet. Don't hold your breath, but I am inspired by you- and your yoga pose.
Post a Comment