
...For moms who are about to embark upon the adventure that is raising a male child. On Facebook today, my friend announced that she is having a boy. She already has two sweet young girls who are in swimming, dance in competitions, etc etc. The oldest is very responsible and has an amiable personality which balances her younger sister who is a bit of a spark plug. Mom is busy working part time as a dental hygienist and her husband works full time while going to school. They are great parents, however, adding a new baby to the mix will prove to be challenging in order to keep their well maintained schedule.
So, on Facebook, my congratulations were preceded with my common statement of "hide the tool kits, and find a patch of lawn you don't mind getting dug into" when referring to boys. She then asked, "Is it true they like to pee in the yard?"
At that moment I knew it was my responsibility to offer a positive outlook along with realistic expectations. I think I nailed it:
Are you kidding me? That's how we potty trained Mason. They also like to open up the bread bags in the middle, take one bite of a piece of bread, and then leave the rest (along with a stash of shriveled hot dogs) under a pile of toys under their bed. Any lock and or bolted device is only seen as an exciting "challenge" rather than a roadblock. And most of your days will see you slithering about like a skeksi from the Dark Crystal saying, "please, please make peace".
I know, there there. I said that I wouldn't allow that or be 'that parent', too. But it's going to be o.k.....*said while hugging knees in the fetal position while rocking back and forth, back and forth* Like I told Bill (her husband), welcome to my world~MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
I totally should contact our local newspaper with my idea proposal.
I totally should contact our local newspaper with my idea proposal.
6 comments:
I second that notion!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I love when moms of daughters have boys and think life is going to be the same!!!! I was one of those moms and now I've leaned that NOTHING is the same (after I completely lost my mind)!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha...we tried to potty train one outside. He just pooped in random places and left it there for someone else to step in and spread around. Yeah, not so fun. But it is really convenient to only have to find a tree when someone pipes up in the backseat that they need to pee. We encourage that type of behavior. Of course, our friends laugh their heads off when we're in a park and my boys head for a tree instead of the restroom 50 feet away. Cute buns.
Boys are indeed an adventure! Boys are adventurers at heart and I remember well their days of climbing on my counters and running naked through my home. When I had my daughter I expected sweet relief but no such luck, She being a girl instead of tackling when she was angry would just pout and sob. Girls are Emotional!! completely differn't to deal with then boys. At least with boys they get mad and its over, Girls get mad and make you pay!!
It is true. You so know boys. You are a boy pro.
Open the bread bag in the middle... so funny!
But girls come with heartache.
It is perfect. Especially the evil laugh at the end :-). I don't know how you do it with four man children in the house!
MAN. I'm scared. Very scared.
Although I do have to say that I hear boys are MUCH less drama than girls...and we could use a little less drama around here!
Post a Comment