Our "Night in Bethlehem" is something we really only officially started last year. Matt usually works nights, but lately he has had some eves off. In the last few years, the kids and I have enjoyed a quiet night in dress up with a floor picnic while watching an animated story of Jesus' birth. Now we have everyone dress up in their finest bath wear and linens to celebrate an evening candlelit dinner of unleavened bread (pita), hummus, grapes, meat and cheese. Matt read the birth story of Jesus then we went around telling something nice about each other or something we were grateful for. Mason loves his whole family, the world, and was grateful Heavenly Father made Spiderman.

We had a great evening with quiet reflection of what it may have felt like around the time of the Saviors birth. However, with five boys in the house when the food is gone, the moment is over. We then closed the only way we knew how; to reinact the scene from Princess Bride when Andre the Giant dresses as the "Dread Pirate Roberts".

4 comments:
fun! I like how creative you are and how you play along with your children!
How fun! Your boys are so adorable. I just want to squeeze them! I'm glad you guys had such an awesome holiday season. Is there anyway you could give me your recipe for hummus? I have been trying to find a good one, and have not been successful!
HA! LOVE the Dread Pirate Roberts re-enactment. Princess Bride is an all time favorite in our house too.
That is so sweet. Love the ending.
Post a Comment